ENG-JAMES N MWANGI
Chief Executive Officer at Kurrent Technologies Ltd
Eng. James N. Mwangi is the Chief Executive Officer at Kurrent Technologies Ltd. He is a registered consulting Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with over thirty-three years of experience with 27 of them in the energy sector. He has a Bachelor’s degree(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nairobi. He has extensive experience in the Energy sector which includes Oil & Gas, Power generation and renewable energy.
He previously worked with Caltex Oil (K) Ltd as the Regional Engineering Manager until 2001. He also worked as a Senior Projects Engineer with Caltex Petroleum Corporation in Dallas Texas, USA from 1994 to 1996. He handled large petroleum infrastructure projects both at regional and global level. He started Kurrent Technologies Ltd which is a well-recognized consulting firm in the Energy sector in the region in 2001. Kurrent Technologies undertake large energy projects, ranging oil & gas oil, power generation, renewable energy. The firm carries out it work mainly in East and Central Africa.
His membership/positons in Professional bodies include:
- Vice chairman (Now Chairman elect) and member of Executive Committee of GAMA (Group of African Member Associations of consulting engineers).
- Past Chairman and Member of the Association of Consulting Engineers of Kenya (ACEK).
- Chairman the Energy and Extractives Sector board at KEPSA (Kenya Private Sector Alliance),
- Director Petroleum Institute of East Africa (PIEA),
- Member of the International Project Finance Association’s East Africa Branch Council,
James has dedicated a lot effort and time in advocating engineering matters both in Kenya and Africa as well and improving local content in major international projects with a view of building local capacity and promoting investments in local energy projects. He continues to encourage sustainable partnership between local and international firms/investors.